Role: Staff Accountant
BombBomb makes it easy to use simple videos to build relationships through email, text and social media. We’re a fast-paced, growing technology company located in the heart of Colorado Springs.
We’re looking for a dynamic accountant who thrives on challenge and brings a “can-do” attitude to every task. Of course, you’ll need to be conscientious, detail-oriented, and trustworthy. You desire to collaborate interdepartmentally to create processes and forge frontiers that bring stability to our high-growth company. You enjoy providing quality service to our internal “customers,” our very own colleagues. Nothing brings you more satisfaction than making that excel spreadsheet sing and reconciling expenses to perfection.
Mission: Support the controller in building the people, processes, and systems around the accounting and finance functions as the company grows. Significant tasks for this role include the following: transactional-level duties, expense report management, monthly close activities, record compliance for employee on-boarding, and reporting. Additionally, this role will be responsible to complete various projects involving finance, accounting, and HR.
Assume full responsibility of the following tasks within 3 months of hire:
- Maintain day-to-day accounting operations including customer & vendor management, A/R, A/P, liability adjustments, P/R and commission calculations.
- Refresh budget data.
- Post transactional data in accordance with GAAP daily.
- Maintain meticulous files/records.
- Reconcile monthly credit card, bank, and liability accounts.
- Refresh and code weekly account transactions.
- Create journal entries for cost distribution and revenue recognition / deferral.
- Manage the expense report process: review, import, account configuration, and payout.
- Create and maintain records for employees.
- Assist in benefits evaluation, implementation, maintenance, and reconciliation.
Help build systems for efficiency, scalability, and accuracy within 6 months of hire.
- Improve the budget maintenance process, reviewing results between actual, forecasted, and budgeted prior to department meetings.
- Assist with research, evaluation, and implementation of process improvement projects and technology integrations in an ongoing timeframe.
- Create, implement, and maintain accounting policies and procedures that assure proper internal controls and consistency with GAAP in an ongoing timeframe.
- Write new and revising existing Policy & Standard Procedures for processes.
*Future Manager role*
- Manage Accounting department operations and staff.
- Mentor, train, and supervise Accounting Clerks via interactive coaching to improve performance.
- Analytical. Able to structure and process qualitative or quantitative data and draw conclusions from it.
- Persistence. Tenacity and willingness to go the distance to get something done.
- Organization and planning. Plans, organizes, schedules, and budgets in an efficient, productive manner. Focuses on key priorities.
- Attention to detail. Does not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project.
- Teamwork. Reaches out to peers & supervisors to create a collaborative work environment.
- Self-Starter. Motivated to take initiative on projects or tasks, assembling the resources required to complete the objective.
- Flexibility. Must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- 2-4 years of progressively responsible accounting roles
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting preferred
- Solid understanding of GAAP
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Advanced abilities in Excel (v lookups, pivot tables, match & index, nesting if, then statements)
- High degree of discretion, confidentiality, and professionalism
- Excellent multi-tasker and strong work-ethic
- Intacct & Adaptive Insight experience is a plus!
BombBomb Benefits Include:
- Competitive salary
- Excellent Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits, including an HSA option
- 10 days paid vacation and 5 days of sick leave
- 401k Plan
- Weekly company-catered lunch
- Fun workplace: happy hour every Friday and company game room
- Annual Education/Development stipend for your career/personal growth