Who we are...
Connecting people in a more meaningful way is not just what BombBomb’s software delivers — it’s what drives our teams every day. Through simple, personal video, we aim to rehumanize communication. Our team is resourceful and intelligent. Competitive and collaborative. Fun-loving and tenacious. We’re close-knit and love adding new talent to the mix. If you are seeking a dynamic workplace and new challenges, we want to hear from you!
Who we're looking for...
You are a Data Engineer who is eager to learn and collaborate with those around you. You produce quality results with a low frequency of serious defects and are attentive to the needs of the quality feedback loop, from report to resolution. You have the ability to take ideas and requirements from concept to completion and engage those who are crucial to the project’s success.
What you will do...
- Design, construct and optimize systems to aggregate, transform and process large amounts of data from relational, columnar, and other kinds of data stores using SQL and Matillion
- Improve and monitor our data systems’ performance and reliability against steadily increasing loads and varieties of work through AWS monitoring and system alerts
- Develop control structures and promote data hygiene within the data environment to ensure accuracy and quality to support the requirements of the business and data users/stewards
- Empower internal users with tools and structure that allow them to service their own needs in collecting, querying, and analyzing data through transformations of data with tools like Matillion
- Work creatively to derive data from existing sets to enable new capabilities throughout the business
- Work in a collaborative, multi-discipline team contributing to projects spanning across multiple departments in the organization including Product & Developments, Sales, and Marketing
How you'll do it...
Embody BombBomb’s core values: Relationships, Fun, Humility, Flexibility and Service
- Proactivity: Acts without being told what to do. Brings new ideas to the company.
- Persistence: Demonstrates tenacity and willingness to go the distance to get something done.
- Attention to Detail: Does not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project
- Coachability: Seek out and implement coaching on personal performance in order to improve. React calmly to criticism and are open to new ideas and changes in the process.
- Follow-Through on Commitments: Lives up to verbal and written agreements
- Flexible: Ability to adapt and respond to the changing environment and to constructively create opportunities for change through active participation
Our ideal candidate will be or have…
- Strong SQL skills - ability to write complex queries in large datasets
- Deep experience with various relational databases, tuning, ETL: Oracle, Postgres, etc
- Experienced in building data pipelines and ETL processes: With tools such as Matillion, dbt, Fivetran, Airflow, etc.
- Deep experience with AWS data systems: S3, RDS, DynamoDB, Aurora, Redshift, etc
- Specifically: S3, Kinesis, Glue, Redshift, DMS, Dynamo, SQS, Matillion, Lambda
- Scripting and programming experience: Python, Scala, R, bash, etc.
- Telemetry and monitoring experience: AWS monitoring, datadog, New Relic
- Your unique strengths - if you don't match everything we're looking for, tell us why you'd be a great fit in your cover letter.
The salary range for this position is $95,000 - $115,000 annually. Final compensation for this role is determined by a variety of factors, such as a candidate's relevant work experience, skills, certifications, and geographic location.
BombBomb Benefits Package Includes...
- Excellent Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits for you and your family (2 of these plans BombBomb covers 100% for the Employee)
- Flexible Paid Time Off program
- 8 paid holidays
- 401k Plan with employer match
- Mental Health Days - First Friday of every month off
- Monthly Internet stipend
- New Hire Home Office set-up bonus
- Annual Education / Development for your career growth
BombBomb's success in rehumanizing the planet depends on our ability to foster a diverse, equitable, and inclusive work environment. We are committed to attracting, retaining, and growing a diverse workforce where people from all backgrounds can feel empowered to bring their whole selves to work, and contribute their best work. We never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran, and disability status. BombBomb is an equal opportunity employer that welcomes everyone to our team.